On our 34th Coin Gamma Podcast, we are happy to have the Quarters team, their 12 year old CEO George B. Weiksner and Advisor Devo Harris.
Quarters are the universal virtual currency for gaming, usable across different games and platforms. Players have a single wallet with Quarters. When they start playing a new game, they can transfer Quarter coins to that game. When they don’t want to play that game any more, they can transfer Quarters back to their wallet, and use them in other games. Quarters are designed specifically for playing games and not for storing value. Like classic arcade tokens (i.e. Chuck E Cheese), you can buy Quarters but you can’t redeem them outside of the gaming ecosystem.
George B. Weiksner founded Pocketful of Quarters to fix this problem for himself and his friends. George is also a sixth grader at Greenwich Country Day School, in Connecticut. He is a regular speaker about cryptocurrencies and games, he has appeared in various publications, including Marketwatch, ICO Investor TV, Be Inspired, and The New York Post. He streams games on YouTube and Twitch as ThisKidCEO.
Devo Harris is founder and CEO of Adventr, named one of the 100 Most Innovative Companies in the World. In the hip-hop world, he is better known as Devo Springsteen. He's won three Grammy's for his work with Kanye West and John Legend and has collaborated with Britney Spears, Nas, Aretha Franklin and Barack Obama. He's a proud graduate of Wharton and earned an MBA from Columbia Business School. He's here to help George connect the dots with cultural resonance.
This is a pretty cool team that’s attacking the blockchain space with a real use case. Enjoy the show.
This podcast is brought to by....… Coin Gamma. If you are looking for help with your blockchain strategy, need blockchain engineering help to create a dapp, or want help growth hacking your blockchain related business, get in touch: email@example.com
- 02:44 - Intro
- 03:47 - The difference between Quarters and other platforms.
- 04:27 - The game that led George B. into coming up with the Quarters idea.
- 05:36 - Being a 12 year old CEO.
- 06:48 - Devo’s recruitment into the Quarters team.
- 09:18 - Games that are already accepting Quarters.
- 10:26 - Quarters’ infrastructure for both its utility and investment sections.
- 11:43 - Choosing to fundraise on Republic instead of doing a regular ICO.
- 14:57 - The difference between Quarters and other gaming crypto platforms and projects.
Connect with the Quarters Team
- Invest in Quarters - https://republic.co/quarters
- Quarters Website - https://www.pocketfulofquarters.com/