John Belizaire is the CEO of Soluna, the world’s first vertically-integrated blockchain computing company with the core mission of powering the blockchain economy with self-produced renewable energy. The company will generate the lowest cost of green power in the world by combining a 900-megawatt wind farm with a utility-scale blockchain computing facility that will support the next wave of innovations from cryptocurrency mining to other high-density computations such as distributed graphics rendering, file storage, machine learning, and AI-related computations.
Prior to being the CEO of Soluna, John founded FirstBest Systems in 2006. First Best was sold about 10 years later to Guidewire, the leader in P&C Enterprise Software Solutions for over $40 Million dollars.
Before co-founding FirstBest, John was the Senior Director of Business Development and Strategic Planning for E-commerce applications division at BEA Systems, Inc. He drove international expansion into EMEA and AsiaPac and grew annual revenue to over $100 million in 3 years with a global list of customers.
This podcast is brought to by....… Coin Gamma. If you are looking for help with your blockchain strategy, need blockchain engineering help to create a dapp, or want help growth hacking your blockchain related business, get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 02:27 - Moving from the more traditional technology background into the blockchain space.
- 04:02 - Becoming a serial entrepreneur.
- 04:57 - Joining Soluna as CEO.
- 07:41 - Projected evolution of blockchain.
- 09:29 - The fast-paced maturity of blockchain infrastructure.
- 10:51 - Bringing more green power (wind power) to the network.
- 14:12 - Developing a farm of computing facilities designed to power blockchain applications.
- 17:03 - Offering a cloud-based mining service.
- 19:04 - Expanding into other locations after Morocco.
- 25:09 - The disputed territory.
- 29:14 - Investing in the local economy of the current location.
- 31:31 - Doing a Security Token Offering (STO): Creating a utility around their platform and offering the utility to private investors.
- 35:10 - The domination of Bitcoin mining computing power by Bitmain
- 37:40 - The energy efficiency of cryptocurrency mining compared to traditional data centers.
Connect with John and Soluna
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/solunapower
- Website - soluna.io
- YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtWkmPR6NAlU4drrsgtPc3Q
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/solunablockchain/