Richard Burton is the Co-founder and CEO of Balance, a wallet app for managing money and blockchain transactions aimed at becoming a single place to see and exchange banking and blockchain balances. Balance connects to MetaMask, Ledger, and Trezor, and allows users to view and send their ERC-20 tokens. The app has already integrated with 15,000+ U.S. banks, was featured by Apple Mac App store, and has hundreds of paying customers. Before starting Balance, Ric spent time as a designer for Ethereum and freelance iOS designer at Blurtit. He also worked at Stripe and co-founded Sourcing.io.
We have a fun convo about Ric's path to the blockchain space, his passionate twitter profile and his vision for the industry.
This podcast is brought to by....… Coin Gamma. If you are looking for help with your blockchain strategy, need blockchain engineering help to create a dapp, or want help growth hacking your blockchain related business (STO or ICO included), get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 00:42 Richard Burton Intro.
- 02:11 The inspiration behind his idea for Balance.
- 04:30 Ric's previous freelance work at Ethereum.
- 05:55 The factor that motivated Ric to work on Ethereum before it had caught on.
- 07:38 Plans for Balance to support other protocols beyond just supporting ERC-20 tokens.
- 08:32 Expanding Balance's integrations with other exchanges beyond ShapeShift.
- 09:17 Integrating with more centralized exchanges.
- 10:20 Ric's preference between decentralized and centralized exchanges.
- 12:07 Future functionalities.
- 13:31 Core focus on Balance's features.
- 14:51 Open-sourcing Balance.
- 17:28 The power of technology and its role in shaping politics.
- 20:17 The future of tech and its expected impact on politics and the global society as a whole.
- 22:42 Applying an understanding of the gas/oil market to demystify the technical aspects of blockchains.
- 26:55 Other projects that Balance has invested in or formed partnerships with.
Connect with Richard and Balance
- Balance Website: balance.io
- BalanceTwitter: @balance_io
- Richard's Twitter: @ricburton
- Balance's web-based forum: spectrum.chat/balance