Dhruv Bansal is a physicist turned serial entrepreneur. While being a PhD candidate at the University of Texas, Dhruv founded Infochimps, a marketplace for the world’s data. After selling Infochimps to CSC, he then founded Unchained Capital in January 2016, a platform that lends cash to long-term crypto HOLDlers. We talk to Dhruv about his journey to crypto and building one of the first crypto lending platforms.
- 00:58 Dhruv Bansal Background
- 03:25 What is Unchained Capital?
- 04:39 Why would someone want a loan against crypto?
- 07:10 Lending against Bitcoin
- 07:47 Process for Ethereum Based Lending and the Security Process
- 12:25 Do you hold your clients crypto as collateral?
- 14:40 Future plans for securing client crypto
- 19:50 Request for Security Firms to partner with Unchained Capital
- 26:00 How Unchained Capital deals with volatile collateral
- 42:00 Unchained Capital Underwriting Process
- 45:20 Plans for additional products
- 51:00 How Unchained Capital deals with forks.
Getting in touch with Dhruv and Unchained Capital
- Dhruv’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/dhruvbansal
- Unchained Capital: https://www.unchained-capital.com/
- Unchained Capital Twitter: https://twitter.com/unchainedcap